Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow at last

It started snowing Monday night and by Tuesday morning there was a thick blanket of the white stuff over our mountain town. I got to spend the morning driving around town looking for people playing in the snow. Helen and Makynzie, both 9, were working on this fabulous snow fort complete with balconies and a tunnel leading from the front garden to the street.
I was driving through the Cheshire neighborhood when I caught sight of Wyatt doing the James Dean walking down the street with his cherry-red snow shovel. Just 11-years -old he was a little buddy on a mission. He was charging $10 to clear the snow plow berm in front of homes or $20 to clear the entire driveway. By 9:30 a.m. Wyatt had already cleared three drives. One day we will all work for Wyatt.


After Cheshire I drove out to the Nordic Center to see if anyone was cross-country skiing. The staff were moving snow like crazy to get ready to open on Wednesday morning.


On the way back to the newspaper I drove past Robin midway through her snow-shoe commute to work. I couldn't pass up stopping to shoot a few frames of her walking through the knee deep snow.
Not bad for a mornings drive around town. By the time I got back to the newspaper the Associated Press bureau in Phoenix was on the phone asking for snow photos. I love my job!!!!!!!

No comments: